Recently I started work on a new site which I plan to use underscore.js and backbone.js. Starting a site from scratch can be quite a chore, as well as time consuming. To remedy this I decided to take the plunge and give the html5boilerplate project a try, this project is designed to kickstart your html5 site development with a shell containing all of the stuff that you need to begin with.
I discovered a couple of interesting issues when using Apache CXF and Maven behind a proxy this week. It started when I sent out a package of stubs in a Maven project I had built to enable developers of integration systems to regenerate there own stubs from the live WSDL. This project uses the wsdl2java tool from Apache CXF to generate some JAX-WS based SOAP stubs from the WSDL hosted on a staging server on the internet. When run on one of the developers sites it became apparent that the Maven cxf-codegen-plugin doesn’t pass through the already configured Maven proxy settings to wsdl2java, this was a bit annoying.
Recently I have been looking into setting up my own build server, having used Cruisecontrol, Hudson, Teamcity in the passed I wanted to give something new a try. With the recent release of Bamboo 3.1.1 I thought I would see what all the fuss is about. I logged onto Atlassian’s site and payed my 10 bucks, which much to my delight and respect, goes to charity.
Configuring logging in Apache CXF can be confusing at first, in my view this is further compounded by Apache Tomcat’s logging architecture.